One of my most favorite blogs in this world is Drick's Rambling Cafe. His good ole timey Southern food makes this Yank feel as if she's right down the street from him in Old Alabama. I can just smell those good Cajun spices in the air. I swear, you can just hear the darling Southern drawl comin' right on out of these recipes!
Did I mention that his grandmother was a Ziegler. Yeah. Guess what. Me too. So on top of all of that. We're like. Siblings. (Go on, spread the rumor). Alright, we're not brother and sister, so we settle for long lost cousins.
Drick did a nice thing. He passed on the Life is Good Award. How about them apples? I don't always take part in these because they can be quite overwhelming, but seeing as today is Friday, and this is from Drick, I couldn't help but indulge.
LIFE IS GOOD AWARD
In order to accept this award, I must answer the 10 questions below and pass the award to six fellow bloggers.
1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?
I have never done anything in life anonymously. It's not in my nature. If you can't tell, I put it all out there! Besides, I want my friends to be impressed that I do all of this cooking and haven't managed to either: (a) cut off a finger, (b) burn down the house, or (c) accidentally poison someone.
2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
I insist on making absolutely everything from scratch. Even if that means DapperDan spoils his dinner with snicky-snackin'. This means, as my readers have found out, that we often eat dinner pretty late!
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the face in the mirror?
Someone who is undoubtedly hungry.
4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?
Pineapple juice. Coconut rum. Ice.
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
I Jane Austen myself. Either by reading or watching a movie. This happens like once every 6 months :-)
6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?
Becoming the sixth member of the Spice Girls. They'll call me... Saucy Spice.
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the class shy person, or always ditching school? Describe who you were if not one of these.
I suppose I'm still an overachiever. I didn't want to miss a thing. So, I did everything. Shooey.
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what do you see?
Thanksgiving. Turkey, family, pie, POTATOES, gosh.. I may fall out of my chair if I don't stop.
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?
I have no shame. My mother will attest. I'm surprised she has yet to gray over me. Working in the white collar world, pencil skirt, 9 to 5, it is so fun to cut loose and let it all out there in the void of cyberspace. :-)
10. If you had the choice to sit and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
Talk on the phone. Come on now.
Passing this on to six wonderful blogs that I adore.
1. Ja Cie Kocham Kristi. My beautiful sister, my better half, the reason I started a blog in the first place, and soon to be MOTHER. (Yeup! That's why she hasn't been blogging. She's having a BABY!!!). What an amazing mother she will be! Can't wait to see what kind of foods she'll be making for Baby Sweet Pea!
2. Oven Love. Natalie is one of my best friends, my confidant, and my inspiration! I mean, look at that Rainbow cake she just did. My word!!
3. Tasty Trix Trixy girl! More than just a pretty face, this girl brings gourmet home, and makes it attainable to us mere mortals!
4. What's Cooking Italian Style Cuisine. Claudia! I feel as if I have known you for years! You share some amazing old family recipes and create some of the most sinful desserts that are to die for!
5. Cajun Chef Ryan Ryan. Oh what I could say about Ryan! I mean this man DOES Cajun. He is CAJUN. You read his recipes and feel like you're in Nawlins. Fantastic. We're all blessed that you document your incredible recipes.
6. Cookin' Canuck Dara!! Think it's impossible to create the amazing things you see in restaurants in your own home? Nope! It's not impossible, not in the slightest!!! Dara proves this to us on a daily basis with her amazing recipes.