Most of which are different kinds of cheese. But that is not what I am going to share with you today.
Today, I am letting you know that I have a secret weapon. A secret addicting weapon.
Yeup. It's a big secret. So secret that you have to know the secret handshake and the secret password to get it out of me.
This recipe is for my black bean and corn salsa and homemade corn tortilla chips.
Nope.. I won't tell you. Even though you said perty please. ....Only if you say the word and do the handshake.
Welp! How'd you know the secret password was ILoveCheese?! Whoa. And the handshake, too!! How'd ya... How'd ya know, hmmm... sometimes it's best not to know.
The best part of this? I made it all after I got home from work. Trust me, it was a long and stressful day at the office- Appeals are daunting. We will leave it at that.
But, I managed to make corn tortillas and salsa from scratch to munch on within a matter of minutes. Trust me! You can do it, too!
Black Bean and Corn Salsa
1 (15oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
3/4 cup onion, diced
1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
1 tomato, diced
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
1 jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
2 TBS ancho chili powder
1 TBS paprika
1 TBS cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
1 TBS cilantro
1 TBS parsley
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Saute the onions in olive oil over medium heat until translucent. Add the bell and jalapeño peppers and cook for another 2 minutes.
2. Add the corn, beans, tomatoes, and herbs. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the vinegar and reduce the heat to low. And cook for approximately 10 minutes.
Corn Tortilla Chips
1 1/4 cups cornmeal
2 TBS lemon juice
1 TBS kosher salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 cup hot water
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Knead for approximately 2 minutes.
3. Allow dough to rest for about 5 to 10 minutes.
4. In between two sheets of waxed paper, roll the dough as thin as you can get, think as thin as a chip!
5. Cut into chip shapes and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet
6. Bake for 25 minutes!