Pin It Now! Guess what I did last night? I used a cookie as the base for another cookie.
Waah? Yeah. I know. Three levels above awesome.
What can I say it's Christmas time? So you gotta do all that you can for Santa!
Know what else I did??? I made an entire cookie batch (enough for about 2 dozen + cookies), but I only put 5 cookies into the oven! And didn't throw out the rest of the batter!
How on Earth did I manage to do that? I froze the rest of it, to save for later... closer to when I'll hear those little hooves on my roof and Santa needs some cookies to recharge!
NOTE: To do this little time-saving trick, you roll the dough into small balls (as you would just before putting the dough onto a prepared cookie sheet), except you place it into a freezer safe, airtight container to bake at another time! The baking temperature will remain the same, but you will have to add a few minutes to your baking time!
Do this with this cookie! With any cookie! (except for a cake-like cookie batter!).
I know. It just made my day, too.
And consequently, Santa's.
Cookies and Cream Cookies
Yields: 2 dozen plus cookies
3/4 cup salted butter, melted
1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 TBS vanilla
1 extra large egg
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 cups Oreo cookies, crushed
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. Cream together the butter and sugars until well combined and beginning to fluff a little! Add the vanilla and egg, mixing until combined.
4. Add sifted flour mixture to the wet ingredients.
5. Fold in crushed Oreos until well combined.
6. Form the dough into tablespoon sized balls and place onto prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool on a rack for 5 minutes.