Pin It Now!
Recently, my husband had to travel for work. I must admit, I am not a fan of this aspect of his job. I got married for a reason other than doing twice the laundry; having a hunk in your presence consistently is quite enjoyable, even if folding his underwear is tiresome.
After he left for the airport, I found myself at the intersection of melancholy and excitement, initially unsure of where to go. Until I remembered that I could watch a marathon of incredibly sappy girly movies. And stuff my face while doing it, all while wearing stained sweats and yesterday's makeup.
I had my movies lined up and an overall disheveled appearance. The remaining piece to the puzzle was the face stuffant.
-In comes avocado brownies-
I have been on a bit of an avocado kick lately and these delectable treats found a place in my heart.
They also got some great reviews from friends!
...Steer clear of eating a lot of these and later stepping on the scale. I'd say it's inadvisable. I speak from experience. Just share them with your friends.
Adapted from About.com
Yields: 10 to 12 servings
1 avocado, mashed
2 cups All-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk- cow's, almond, or soy
1/3 cup water
2/3 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line all sides of a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Sift the dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl.
3. Combine the avocado, vanilla, milk, water, and chocolate chips. Add to the dry ingredients.
4. Mix until well-combined and pour into prepared baking dish.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean!